Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Basketball Camp

So let's go all the way back to the last week of June shall we? A couple of months before this, Drew and I were out to lunch and he came up with the idea of asking my sister's and brother's oldest boys, Garrison and Tre, to come stay a WEEK with us so they could attend Van Alstyne's basketball camp. Drew's high school host a camp every summer and he thought it'd be a great idea to expose them to basketball since that's what Drew loves and coaches. I looked at him like he was crazy at first but then thought it would be a great idea too. The logistics of it all working out were slim though. It would mean being able to take 5 days off of work, and both of them being available that week because I knew the boys wouldn't want to do it alone. I sent an email out to both sisters and I was shocked- they both were free and wanted to come! So they come over Sunday afternoon and stayed through Thursday. It turned out to be a great week and we all had a lot of fun! They went to camp every morning from 8-1130, then came home and we had some kind of outing every afternoon. I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday- I felt like such a mom, ha! Here are a ton of pics from the week.....

Mendy giving Garrison a last minute "you better behave" speech

The boys reading in bed Sunday night. Garrison has turned into a bookworm (like his aunt was, haha) and brought his own booklight. I happened to have a couple extras and let Tre have one. Tre loves to be like Garrison!

Uncle Drew had to be at camp a little early every morning so the boys had to get up early with him. Monday morning I made them eggs, bacon and toast. He took them to camp with him every morning and brought them home for lunch everyday. Very weird to see my husband doing those kind of things but he was great with them!

Monday afternoon I took them to the indoor pool in Allen to swim. Here they are playing around in the pool

I love this pic!

We then went to the neighborhood park afterwards
Making homemade pizza together. Uncle Drew had to go back to camp every night for the older kids so we did dinner on our own. I made some pizza dough that afternoon and let them do the toppings.

They quickly got bored and I had no games at my house so I got creative and went through a box of my old stuff. Found an old Highlights magazine from like 1987!! I used to love those things!

Cuddling in bed with Jovie, she loved the extra attention!
After camp the next day I took them to Incredible Pizza, here is me with the sweet boys!
Playing games then we headed to the movie room to eat lunch

We then took a trip to the half price books and I let them pick out a few books to buy. That place is great for kids books, most of them aren't even used and are super cheap! The next day after camp Drew and I took them to see Toy Story 3- 3D which was great, we even enjoyed it. The last day of camp I went up to the school to see what they learned and watch them hand out awards.


Here is Garrison in a shooting drill
Here is Tre
Here they are in their groups waiting for awards to be passed out. Uncle Drew is in there too with his group
The boys with some of their awards, they got other awards earlier in the week
My brother, "Uncle E", came to pick them up- with Garrison
The boys with Coach Will
The four of us after a great week!
Here is a little video of both boys



Love,
Apes

1 comment:

  1. They are so blessed to have such an amazing aunt and uncle that gave them a week FULL of fun!

    ReplyDelete