Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Start spreading the news.....

After going to have my beta levels drawn and finding out they looked great and were more than doubling, we couldn't keep the news from the family much longer. We were heading to San Antonio that next week for a 4 day vacay with my family and planned to tell them all together then. Drew's parents happened to invite us over for dinner a couple of days before we left and we thought it would be a good time to tell them since they were the ones doing the inviting and wouldn't see it coming. We were trying to think of a fun way to tell them but everything we thought of was either cheesy, or cheesier. So on the way Drew said, "just let me handle it". So we walked in about 6pm, ate dinner, hung out and started playing games. At this point I was going crazy! It had been 3 hours and Drew has yet to say anything! I start kicking him in the leg in the middle of us playing a game and finally he says, "before we play this next hand I need to tell you that April is pregnant!" Just like that, out of nowhere. Mike and Kathi were happily shocked and Drew's brother, Grant, was very excited for us. Then lots of hugging followed. This will be the first grandchild and great grandchild in Drew's family, quite a different picture from mine:)

After sharing the great news!

Me and Kathi, she will be a great grandmother!
Me and the hubs

Here is a funny video of us telling my family. My brother's family ended up getting very sick and had to cancel, so it was us, my parents and sister's family. We told them the first night we got there and Drew pretended like he was taking a picture of the girls but was actually taking video. I told Drew to just say, "ok 1,2,3, we're pregnant!" but he decided to go a different route which didn't quite work.....



Love,
Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment